Der Voice Dream Reader ist ein Reader für Dokumente und zahlreiche Formate. Er verfügt über eine Vielzahl an Stimmen, die per In-App-Kauf hinzugefügt werden kann.
Der Voice Dream Reader wird von vielen Blinden und Sehbehinderten eingesetzt und dementsprechend findet man in Mailinglisten, Facebook-Gruppen usw. viele die Hilfestellung zu dieser App geben können.
Die App ist sehr gut mit Voice Over bedienbar.
Beschreibung des Herausgebers
“This app is one of the best educational finds of my entire career.” - Forbes
“As a user myself and as a mother of a child with dyslexia, I am blown away by the features of Voice Dream.” - Quartz
“Voice Dream Reader is hailed by many as the best mobile text-to-speech (TTS) app.” - Examiner
Supported Document Formats
- PDF, Plain text, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, RTF, and Google Docs.
- Web articles.
- EPUB eBooks. (DRM-free books only. Kindle and iBooks are not supported.)
- Bookshare Books.
- DAISY text-based books and audiobook.
- Audiobooks in MP3, MP4 or zipped MP3 format.
- Rich text and image support for all documents.
- One premium Acapela voice of your choice free with the purchase of the app.
- 36 built-in iOS voices in 27 languages are also available for free.
- 200+ additional premium voices in 30 languages from Acapela, NeoSpeech and Ivona available through in-app purchases.
- Correct pronunciation with your own pronunciation dictionary.
- All voices work offline and play in the background even with the screen locked.
- Tee-up a list of articles and play while you drive, walk or run.
- Spoken word is highlighted to improve comprehension and retention.
- Auto-scrolling and full screen, distraction-free mode to help reader focus.
- Finger reading. For beginners to read by at running a finger under each word.
- Pac-Man. Harvard and MIT developed speed-reading method for everyone to read at 2x speed with no loss of comprehension.
- High contrast and large font size for low vision readers.
- Optimized for VoiceOver, Braille and switch control.
- Bookmarking, text highlighting and annotation. Highlights and notes can be exported.
- Full-text search.
- Built-in dictionary.
- Skip text in PDF header and footer.
- Native support for Dropbox, Google Drive, iCloud Drive, Pocket, Instapaper and Evernote.
- Native access to Bookshare.
- Safari extension to save Web pages and Web addresses.
- Support for Box and OneDrive via iOS Document Picker.
- Your entire library, including folders, reading locations, bookmarks and annotations are synchronized across all your devices using iCloud Drive.
It is not possible to load DRM protected ebooks. All books purchased on iBooks, Kindle and other commercial eBook platforms have DRM.
Release Notes:- Performance improvements and minor bug fixes.
Release notes for 4.5.0
Version 4.5.0 is a major update, focusing on how Voice Dream Reader presents documents visually. It includes huge improvements in handling PDF documents.
The following new features require iOS 11.3:
- Export PDF documents with highlights and notes.
- Free vertical scrolling for PDF documents and maintaining the same zoom scale.
- Automatic scrolling, zooming and panning while reading PDF documents in original layout.
- Support for password-locked PDF Documents.
The following new features are available to all:
- Automatic detection and skipping of margin text for PDF documents. This feature is enabled by default for new documents, but you can disable it for an individual document. For documents already loaded in the library, you can enable it from the Documents menu.
- Support for table of content in PDF Documents.
- Improved Rich Text presentation of eBooks and HTML files.
- Improved VoiceOver support for Plain Text.
- Automatic detection and skipping of citations in academic papers.
- Automatic detection and simplication of URLs. For example, a long URL in New York Times would simplified as "nytimes.com"
- Many other minor bug fixes and refinements.
We work hard to continuously improve Voice Dream Reader, and we'll never bother you with popups asking for a review. But if you like Voice Dream Reader, please give us a 5-star review in the App Store. We'll be grateful. Just to go Settings in the Library, tap on Contact Us and Write a Review.
If you run into a problem, there might be an easy fix or explanation. Please email us by tapping on Contact Us and Email Support. We can't help if it's posted in a review.
Thanks and enjoy!
- Version 4.5.4
- Released on February 9, 2012
- File Size: 118 MB
Die Life-Version hört nach ein paar Sätzen auf zu sprechen.